
It’s the weekend of the Million Dollar Poker Tournament and Sun City teems with high-rollers, celebrities and holidaymakers. Restaurants and pubs are packed.
In the busy Sun City Hotel bar two people stand out: a dark-haired man with tattoos and a tight black T-shirt and a woman with long dark hair in a revealing dress.
They can’t keep their eyes - or hands - off each other. He’s MARK FISH, former Bafana Bafana defender who made his name in the UK; she’s his new love.
Mark was in the news recently when his house in Mooikloof, Pretoria, was robbed by gun-wielding intruders while wife Loui and their eldest son were at home (YOU, 4 September). Now he has filed for divorce. In court papers he claims Loui “elicits arguments”, is “moody, quarrelsome, belittling and bombastic” and that he’s lost his “love, affection and trust”.
On his weekend break at Sun City he was joined by his mom, Denise, older brother Allan, sons Luke (10) and Zeke (7), and his new woman, named only as Mel.
He doesn’t object when our photographer snaps them at the bar. “I haven’t felt this way about a woman since I was 17,” he tells us. “I’m doing things I did when I was a teenager - I feel like a new man!”
Allan says, “That’s my future sister-in-law. We love her and strongly approve of her.”
Mark (34) reveals he and Mel have been together for two months. They stay in the bar until the early hours knocking back tequilas.
Mark and Loui’s marriage has been troubled before. Two years ago he filed for divorce shortly after he returned from England. He gave Loui an ultimatum - come to SA or divorce. She returned and they gave their marriage another chance.
But reconciliation seems unlikely now. Mark was unfaithful during their 11-year marriage, says Christina Storm, a close friend of Loui. “This is the first time I’m hearing about his relationship with Mel but he had other affairs while married,” the model claims. “Loui found out.”
“This is a real shame especially as kids are involved but I think they’re both adult enough to handle it maturely.”
At the Sun City bar Mark and Mel eventually call it a night. Before he leaves he tells us, “This is no midlife crisis. I had mine years ago when I bought a Porsche. This is love, baby!”
Talk to us - Click here and choose Full Version or Google Version. Fill in your phone number, text your message and click Submit.
To subscribe to YOU’s print version click here and we’ll call you. Choose Full Version or Google Version. Fill in your phone number, type subscribe in the message box and click Submit.