
FROM YOU EDITOR ESMARE WEIDEMAN
Wherever I went this week I was asked: do you think it really is Joost van der Westhuizen in the sex video? I had an easy answer: I don’t know. I also don’t know if the truth will ever be revealed – whether it really is the rugby hero or a double used by people to get at Joost, as is claimed by investigators he appointed to get to the bottom of it all.
What I do know is that Joost and his wife, Amor, have been through hell recently. This week in an exclusive interview they tell us how this latest drama in their lives unfolded. It’s a riveting read.
A few years ago friends of mine endured some uncomfortable questions from hospital staff after their child – who seemed highly accident-prone – had landed up in hospital a few times. He once jumped off a cupboard and broke an arm; another time he drank cleaning fluid. By then eyebrows were being raised even about mosquito bites on his arms. In this issue we tell the tragic story of a baby boy removed from his parents because welfare officials suspected he’d been abused. In fact little Malan Naudé had an incurable disease!
-Our quarterly health magazine, YOU Pulse, goes on sale on 4 March. It’s filled with articles about all things healthy (and not healthy) and is a must if you take your family’s wellbeing seriously.
Hope you have a great week,
Esmaré
IN THIS ISSUE (* indicates there’s a condensed version on YOU Mobi)
*Joost and Amor: closer than ever
*School initiation: why I spoke out
2010 tickets: how, where, prices
*Beaten Rihanna wants Chris back
*SAA and drugs: crew lured by cash
Poster: Kelly Rowland
*JoBros tour movie comes to SA
*Soweto Gospel Choir at the Oscars
*Will Smith, Hollywood’s Mr Money
Oscar night’s glamour
Victoria Spencer divorcing again
Sportsbuzz: rugby’s boo boys
12 Steps, part 3: reach your dreams
Life in a house full of wild animals
Honeymoon death – husband charged
Years of pain to fix toddler’s short leg
*Baby’s ‘abuse’ was a rare illness
*My sister, beheaded by her husband
*Slumdog Millionaire’s youngest stars
*Jade Goody: in the limelight to the end
PLUS ALL THE LIFESTYLE ARTICLES AND HOT STUFF YOU’VE COME TO EXPECT FROM YOU