Friday, 02 October 2009

Killer dad speaks from the grave


Grieving relatives of a man who killed his two little kids then himself asked a Durban psychic to contact the dead man to provide answers to the tragedy.

Ashwin Moodley shot Yaden (4) and Tamesha (17 months), in the head after checking into a Johannesburg hotel, then killed himself. Before the tragedy he called his estranged wife, Manju, and said, “Say a final goodbye to your children.”

Ashwin’s sister, Vissa Govender of Richards Bay, phoned Durban psychic Dashina for help. “As a mother I know what my brother did was terrible but he is not a monster,” Vissa says. “I kept asking myself, ‘Why didn’t he call us to say goodbye? Why did he do it?”

Dashina says she was doubtful at first. “But as I was telling Vissa this I looked left and there he was. He was whole again and tears were running down his cheeks. His soul felt dark and heavy.”

Vissa asked, “Why did you do it?”

Dashina says he replied, “I was dying inside. No one understood my emotional pain. When Manju threatened to take my kids away I knew I could not live without them.

“What I did was spiteful but I knew Manju would not have cared for the kids as I do. The only thing I did wrong was love my kids too much.”

While he was talking, Dashina says, the kids clung to his legs, shyly hiding behind their dad. Ashwin also revealed the location of insurance policies and what business contracts needed renewing, she says. The information later proved to be correct.

Vissa is pleased she contacted Dashina and is comforted by what the psychic has told her. “Ashwin was the softest person I knew,” she says. “If we had not spoken to Dashina I would have had to believe he was a monster. She has brought peace to our hearts. Ashwin is okay, the kids are okay. We can start to rebuild our lives.”